Product Development Engineer
Researches, plans, and designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and directs and coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Designs products or systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines, and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, or heat transfer systems.
- Plans and directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
- Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Designs products and systems to interface machines, hardware, and software.
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Knowledge of Solid Works software.
Other Career Listings