Tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as lengths, diameters, thicknesses, end preparations, finishes, hole alignments, grove dimensions, tap locations and sizes, or any other material or workmanship which may be defective or unacceptable.
- Utilizes hand measuring equipment as well as computer-aided equipment: micrometers, height gauges, check pins, and gauges.
- Compares dimensions on final shop drawings or work order for compliance of length, diameter, wall thickness, end preparations, collars, hole alignment, coupling size and location, and weld reliability.
- Maintains files of inspection, rejection, and defective product.
- Investigates causes of defective parts and implements corrective action.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs, with or without reasonable accomodation.
- Ability to work overtime when requested.
Other Career Listings