2nd Shift Weld Department Lead
Assists shop supervisor in coordinating activities of workers engaged in welding processes in manufacturing by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify all counts are correct on completed production orders and that parts match blueprint they are associated with.
- Assigns workers to work stations to meet production requirements.
- Interprets process specifications for workers.
- Monitors production and adjusts work assignments, supply of material, and machine operation when necessary.
- Transports materials/products in and out of welding department.
- Repairs various machines.
- Confers with shop supervisor to receive instructions and exchange production information.
- Tests random parts samples to verify parts meet specifications.
- Informs supervisor of any parts made incorrectly and files appropriate documents.
- Trains workers in equipment operation.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Directly supervises 12-15 employees in the Welding Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least two years of leadership experience or training.
- Basic math skills including fractions, decimals, and standard measuring devices.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime.
Other Career Listings