Conducts analytical studies on engineering proposals to develop design for products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with research and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Design software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
Other Career Listings