Press Brake Operators
Sets up, operates or tends machines to bend metal parts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine completed work pieces for defects, such as chipped edges.
- Measure completed work pieces to verify conformance to specifications using micrometers, gauges, and calipers.
- Start machines and monitor their operations.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to part specifications, using hand tools.
- Load parts into machine.
- Read blue prints in order to determine specifications such as material, bending location, dimensions, and tolerances.
- Turn controls to set table angles for specified operations.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, willing to train.
- Basic math skills including fractions, decimals, and standard measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly.
- Ability to work overtime.
Other Career Listings