Flat Laser Operators
Sets up and operates flat laser by use of computer controls and nested jobs by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions and adjusts machine controls for optimum cut speed with the best quality of cut.
- Load and unload machine in an efficient, productive manner.
- Maintain accurate inventory of consumable material and pass information on to other shift supervisors for timely order of parts.
- Follow schedule to perform daily maintenance of machine.
- Establish and maintain work procedures and records for all job responsibilities, as they relate to and in accordance with the quality system.
- Previous metal fabrication experience preferred but willing to train motivated individuals.
- Basic math skills including fractions, decimals, and standard measuring devices.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 60lbs.
- Ability to work overtime and Saturdays when requested.
Other Career Listings