Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Shipping/Receiving clerk verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment.
- Affixes shipping labels on packages or pallets to be shipped.
- Unpacks/unloads and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Compares items packed with customer’s order and other identifying data.
- Experience in shipping/receiving preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Basic math skills including fractions, decimals, and standard measuring devices.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work overtime and occasional weekends when requested.
Other Career Listings