Drives forklift or elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Moves levers and pressed pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Previous forklift experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Basic math skills including fractions, decimals, and standard measuring devices.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work overtime and occasional Saturdays when requested.
Other Career Listings