Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, CNC machines and machining centers to fabricate metal parts by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Assigns workers to work stations to meet production requirements.
- Monitors production and adjust work assignments, supply of material, and machine operation when necessary.
- Repairs various machines and refers extensive machine repairs to maintenance personnel.
- Trains workers in equipment operation.
- Directly supervises 6-10 employees. Responsibilities include appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- A two year technical degree in tool and die or CNC machining or a minimum of 5 years experience in machining and working in a manufacturing setting.
- CAD/CAM programming a plus.
- Basic math skills including fractions, decimals, and standard measuring devices.
- Ability to work overtime and occasional weekends when requested.
Other Career Listings