Processes orders for material received by mail, telephone, or personally from customer or company employee by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Edits orders received for price.
- Informs customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
- Enters sales orders into computer.
- Records or files copy of orders received according to expected delivery date.
- Checks completed parts inventory and creates work orders as needed.
- Routes orders to departments for filling and follows up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Obtains documents such as assembly instructions and blueprints from files and attaches to work order.
- May prepare invoices and shipping documents such as bill of lading.
- Receives and checks customer complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation.
- Confers with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training in metal manufacturing setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to work overtime when requested.
Other Career Listings