Finishers (Entry Level)
Grinds and smooth surfaces of metal parts prior to finishing operations by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examines and feels surface of work piece for defects.
- Selects grade of abrasive belt, wheel, or disk according to specifications, knowledge of abrasives, and condition of metal, and attaches to grinder.
- Starts grinder and moves it over surface of work piece to remove scratches, laminated metal, excess weld material, and burs.
- Ability to estimate time required to produce a part.
- Polishes ground areas with finer abrasive to produce smooth, unmarred surface.
- Replaces worn abrasive disks, wheels, and belts.
- Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Basic math skills including fractions, decimals, and standard measuring devices.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work overtime and occasional weekends when requested.
Other Career Listings