Tube Laser Operators
Sets up and operates tube laser by use of computer controls and nested jobs by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions and adjusts machine controls for optimum cut speed with the best quality of cut.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve operation problems.
- Load and unload machine in an efficient, productive manner.
- Maintain accurate inventory of consumable material and pass information on to the shift supervisor for timely orders of parts.
- Follow schedule to perform daily maintenance of machine.
- Establish and maintain work procedures and records for all job responsibilities, as they relate to and in accordance with the quality system.
- Previous metal fabrication experience preferred.
- Basic math skills including fractions, decimals, and standard measuring devices.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime and occasional weekends when requested.
Other Career Listings