Welds metal parts with gas welding equipment as specified by layout, welding diagram, or work order by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Selects torch, torch tip, filler rod and flux, according to blueprints or type and thickness of metal.
- Works with blueprints to measure and position metal components for welding operation.
- Holds torch at proper angle to metal and guides along weld joint, applying filler rod to molten area to form weld.
- Verifies welds meet quality standards.
- Repairs broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes, and builds up metal parts.
- Welds along vertical or overhead weld lines.
- Operates a range of tools including, but not limited to: grinders, welders, overhead cranes, hoists, and forklifts.
- Previous production welding experience preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Math skills including fractions, decimals and standard measuring devices.
- Ability to lift and/or move 50lbs. (with or without a reasonable accomodation) and work standing on hard surface.
- Ability to work overtime and Saturdays if requested.
Other Career Listings